Josh Waidley 11:30 AM
picture by Anthony Lam (one of our interns)
The past 6 weeks have flown by…I’ve mentioned as much in our last prayer letter. Alex and I have been busy adjusting to life, to the ministry, to the cycles of momentum that exists at every college campus and to being married co-workers in
. It has been a wonderful and challenging period. However, as great as it has been, I am a bit disappointed in myself. Why? Well, simply put, in my moments of free time and rest, keeping this blog updated is far from my mind. I love to write, I love blogging here and I love our supporters to be up to date with what is going on in our lives on a weekly basis…but I have been terrible at keeping this blog up to date. So I wanted to apologize to everyone who reads the San Francisco Call regularly. Starting this week I am going to schedule time each week to post happenings, prayer requests and stories from the past week. San Francisco
This week was spring break for SFSU and
, which means Alex and I were not on campus. To be honest, the break came at just the right time for me, I was definitely beginning to feel the fatigue of 6 weeks straight of ministry with hardly a moment to rest. This week has been a good time of reflection and refreshment, a time for Alex and me to look inward and listen to the Holy Spirit. I have been convicted recently of how easily I am distracted by lesser things and often put off having deep time with the Lord in order to read a book or look at sports scores or different blogs. This week has allowed me to spend deep time with Jesus in prayer and the Word and already I feel renewed and ready to tackle the remaining 5 weeks of the school year. City College
- Alex and I are going to be joining an indoor soccer team which will be fun and a great way to burn off some pent up energy on Sunday evenings, so that should be fun.
- The Lord has already answered one of our major prayer moving up here, namely to have great community and friends. If you’re reading this, you know who you are, but we really do thank Jesus daily for the amazing relationships we have already established here in SF.
- As of this morning (Saturday), the Dodgers are undefeated at the expense of the Giants and the Lakers are rolling. As a LA sports fan in enemy territory, I am stoked :)
- One of our student’s father passed away suddenly last weekend from a heart attack. Please pray for the peace of Jesus to be upon him and his family and that the community of City Cru can come alongside him and love him well.
- We have taken some time this spring break to do some more support raising. It is a continual process as staff and we would love to see the Lord bring in some new support. God has provided for us in incredible ways and we have faith He will continue to do so. Please pray for those who we are contacting to be open to the Lord’s promptings if He would have them join our team in whatever capacity.
- Pray for Alex and me to have hearts and spirits of continual thanksgiving for the way God has provided for us and our ministry already.
- We have a couple outreaches coming up but this week specifically we are going to be partnering with other clubs on campus to raise money for the cause of orphans around the world. Our intern Matt has started the Orphan Scholarship Fund to raise money for orphans to go to college. To read more about the Orphan Scholarship Fund check out the facebook group and the article below:
Please pray for God to open up doors for City Cru to show his love for both orphans and the campus of SFSU and that we would be able to raise the money. Also pray for City Cru to make connections with students and other clubs and for relationships to be built.
Thanks so much for your thoughts, support and prayers. We love you all so much and remember to check back regularly for updates and musings, I promise I will be more diligent in updating the blog. Again, we love you!